November 30, 2012, 2:01 pm -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- Premium tea company teapigs are encouraging tea drinkers to try something different with their cuppa this winter and cosy up with an all-natural, authentic, make-at-home chai latte.
The online tea shop they have contains a wide range of teas including some fantastic herbal and green teas but by delving a little deeper into the website, customers will find some great tasting teas including peppermint tea and the authentic chai latte tea.
teapigs only use the best quality ingredients in their chai tea – whole leaf black Assam tea blended with whole cardamom pods, cloves, real pieces of ginger and cinnamon. These real, all natural ingredients mean great taste without artificial flavourings and sweeteners. teapigs teas come in ‘tea temples’ – a special biodegradable mesh bag which makes brewing and enjoying top quality tea easy and convenient.
Making a delicious chai latte at home is really easy using teapigs chai tea temples:
• take one teapigs chai tea temple and place in your mug or latte glass
• cover 1/3 glass with hot water – enough to cover your temple
• let it brew for 3-5 minutes
• while your chai brews heat up some milk (ideally froth with a milk frother)
• top up the Chai tea concentrate with the milk and add brown sugar or honey to taste and some cinnamon on top for a little extra spice
teapigs tea taster Louise says: “Every vendor, in every city, in every region of India offers their own version of Chai Masala - the aromatic, spiced milky tea that has been the Indian drink of choice for hundreds of years. This is our version - a rich, malty, warming blend which is great to make at home on a cosy winter’s night. It’s a satisfying, healthy drink that captures the vibrancy and colour of India in a cup.”
A pack of 15 chai tea temples from £4.00. Available from Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Waitrose, Wholefoods and online at www.teapigs.co.uk.
Notes to Editor:
For further P.R. information on the products or images please contact:
• teapigs are available in the following flavours: everyday brew, Darjeeling earl grey, chai tea, chilli chai, chocolate flake tea, mao feng green tea, green tea with mint, popcorn tea, jasmine pearls, silver tips white tea, tung ting oolong, rooibos, rooibos crème caramel, spiced winter red, lemon and ginger, chamomile flowers, peppermint tea, pure lemongrass, super fruit, liquorice and peppermint, yerba mate, organic matcha.
• Where to find teapigs: www.teapigs.co.uk, Waitrose, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, John Lewis Food Hall, Whole Foods Market, Ocado, Carluccio’s, Planet Organic, Booths, St Pancras Hotel, The Grove Hotel, Euphorium Bakery and lots of independent cafes, delis, farm shops and restaurants nationwide.
• teapigs have a shop online and each blend comes in a range of sizes and prices.
Contact Details: teapigs
1 the old pumping station